A great relationship between an organization and the community is the key to building awareness. When people in a community see their ideas and needs being reflected in local services, it enables the community to support a local organization.
The Community Development Intensive (CDI) is a five-day program five-day course that provides a practical, hands-on understanding of community development as a whole systems change. The key to community development lies in people working together to meet changing, social, health and economic needs. This course has been tested in over 35 years in the field. The week-long program allows you to work with other participants to deepen your understanding how to work collaboratively in the community. The course includes the following topics:
- Principles for Whole System Community Development
- Doing field visits to learn about local needs
- Develop a comprehensive picture of the community
- Identifying who to engage in supporting work in the community
- Strategic Planning with the community fully involved
- Community organization and project coordination
- Evaluating the depth change in the community
- Documenting and interviewing
The course will provide you with the practical tools and an understanding of the methods and approaches of whole system development.
The benefits of the course include:
- Engaging in approaches that have been used worldwide to launch and sustain thousands of community-based initiatives. They have empowered people to take charge of their own development.
- Understanding methods of whole system development work for any housing, education, health, social services, business, commerce, agricultural, industry , organization, culture challenge or opportunity. It also allows them to be implemented together, if necessary.
PDF Brochure – ICACommunityDevelopment2016
To register online for this course, click here. As a Not-for-Profit, take advantage of a great summer time rate through the online registration.
For more information, or to register, please contact Darlene at 416-691-2316 or email@example.com